What Are Common Link Building Errors?
- Not enough research – before starting your campaign, ensure you do your homework and target the right keywords to optimize.
- Choosing the wrong link building service – not all services are created equal, so do your research and choose a company with a track record of success.
- Not enough variety in links – mix it up with a variety of different types of links to give your campaign more credibility and authority.
- Neglecting other SEO efforts – while link building is an integral part of SEO, it’s not the only factor contributing to your website’s ranking. Ensure you also focus on other areas like on-page optimization and content marketing.
Risks Associated With Bad Link Building
A few risks are associated with link building, but most can be avoided using a professional service.
- Google penalties – if you’re caught engaging in black hat SEO tactics like link spamming or buying links, your website could be penalized by Google and removed from their search engine results pages.
- Decreased rankings – Too many low-quality links can harm your website’s ranking, so it’s vital to avoid link spamming or to buy links from unreliable sources.
- Wasted time – if you don’t have the right expertise, your campaign will likely fail and waste time and money. Hiring an expert in this field is a better option for most people because they know what works best for each type of website and can get you better results faster than if you were to try it yourself.
- Wasted money – link building requires ongoing maintenance, so ensure that your service provider offers a monthly subscription plan with no contract or setup fee. Also, the cost of time spent on link building activities should be factored into any budget for this type of campaign.
How To Know If There’s Enough Backlinks?
We offer a free, 60-minute consultation, which means we can recommend the number of backlinks your site should have to rank well in the search engines.
We provide a link-building service for as little as 160 hours, so feel free to contact us if you aren’t sure how much you’ll need, and we’ll let you know.