What To Look For In Content Gap Analysis
Content gap analysis compares critical content metrics of at least two domains. There are many reasons companies use this method of ranking their web pages.
Website visitors and potential clients are looking for content. Websites often fail to provide a quality user experience because of poor content quality, timely updating, and lack of technical SEO tactics such as structured markup.
Content improvements for user experience and share of voice are the main reasons companies use this method. To identify the content issues plaguing their website, they take a content gap analysis and fix the problems as soon as possible.
Top Content Analysis Opportunities
- Semantic topic
- Semantic topic category
- Content page structure
- Keyword TF-IDF (term frequency, inverse document frequency)
- Topic density
- Keyword-related contextual topics
- Keyword related FAQs
- Inbound anchor text links
- Internal anchor text links
- External anchor text links
- Readability score
- Entity “things” and word “strings.”
- Knowledge Graph